Small Group Communication Factors
- The most important goal for a group in this class would be to complete the stated task(s).
- Groups are most productive when a leader steps forward to run meetings and allocate tasks.
- We should have a high degree of tolerance for group members who are late to synchronous meetings or do not attend due to other obligations.
- Creating friendships and completing the group task are equally important.
- Criticizing other group members should be avoided.
- Avoiding smaller conflicts is the best method to reduce conflict escalation.
- All group members should have identical goals and reasons for being involved.
- Majority rule is the best method of group decision making.
- If one group member is not pulling his or her weight, the other group members should confront that person together.
- Everyone in the group should receive the same grade for group projects.
[return to Collaborate (a little) assignment page]