- Exploring Digital Citizenship I had a difficult time getting started on this assignment. I watched some videos and read some materials from credible organizations I’d heard of before (commonsensemedia, ISTE, etc…) and some information that seemed to just be put there by individuals with an opinion. When I found myself looking at scholarly articles linking digital citizenship to
- Digital Citizenship Fastwrite I think a person’s citizenship is their contribution to the community they live in. If a person can be considered to “live” part of their life online, then their digital citizenship is their contribution to any online community in which they find themselves or the worldwide online community as a whole. What they bring to
- Collection 1 Index Link to The YawpLinks to Choice Assignments:Ever heard of a Cinemagraph?Another make-your-own: Timelapse 1 + Timelapse Redux.I’d really like to know: How to Avoid Going to Jail.Meta-thinking about My Choices, and Yours.
- Thinking about my Choices, and yours… For the last couple of years, I’ve been a little dissatisfied with the structure of my Digital Photography class. I’ve basically taught it with the same structure since the previous teacher moved away 7 years ago and I volunteered to switch from the English department into the world of multimedia and publishing. As I made
- How to avoid going to jail… Copyright law as it pertains to what students use in their creative media is something I really should know, given my educational history and the teaching position I’m in, but I am sadly lacking in this area. I know that creative rights protect each person’s work from being stolen and published by another person as
- Timelapse 1 So, Father’s Day 2019 was not typical around our house. My wife gave me the most appropriate Father’s Day present nearly a week early (our new baby boy!) but between personal recovery and infant care, she didn’t have much energy or time to celebrate with gifts or foods that I love. So, I had been
- Cinemagraph 1 Today I woke up deciding that it was time to tackle a choice assignment or two, but wasn’t sure yet what I was going to do. This spring, I came across a new (or at least hybrid) form of media called a cinemagraph (examples here) in an ad for a phone app and I promptly
- It’s Yawpin Time! “It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.” –J.R.R. Tolkien One of the main things people tell me about myself is that they never know what I’m going to look like the